Marketing has a very wide scope it covers all the activities from a conception of ideas to the realization of profits. Some of the scope of marketing discussed below:
- Study of consumer wants and needs: Goods are produced to satisfy consumers wants and needs. Therefore study is done to identify consumer needs and wants. These needs and wants motivates a consumer to purchase.
- Study consumer behavior: Marketers perform a study of consumer behavior. analysis of buyer behavior helps marketer in market segmentation and targeting.
- Product planning and development: It includes the activities of product research, marketing research, marketing segmentation, product development, determination of attributes, quality and quantity of products.
- Branding: Branding of products is adopted by many reputed enterprises to make their products popular among their customers and many other benefits. The marketing manager has to take a decision regarding the branding policy, procedures and implementation programs.
- Packaging: Packaging is to provide a container or wrapper to the product for safety, attraction and easy to use and transportation of the product.
- people: what people need in the future and what they want not this bridge the gap between future expectations and people need.
These are some scope of marketing.
and you can read more click here