What is Contingency Approach?
According to contingency approach suggests that the task of managers is to try to identify which technique will best contribute to the attainment of management goals in a particular situation. Thus, managers have to employ a sort of situational sensitivity and practical selectivity.
Features of Contingency Approach
- Management is externally situation: the conditions of the situation will determine which techniques and control system should be designed to fit the particular situation.
- Managers should understand that there is no best way of managing. It dispels the universal validity of principles.
- Management policies and procedures should respond to the environment.
- Management is entirely situational. There is no best way of doing anything.
- One needs to adapt himself to the circumstances. it is practically suited.
Search an Article