WHAT IS GREEN MARKETING?
Green marketing refers to the process of selling products or services for showcasing the benefits of environmental nature. In Green, marketing companies show their products as the environment-friendly such as “safe” or “sustainable” production, while others seek to reduce a company’s “carbon footprint
According to “Wikipedia”
Green marketing products that are presumed to be environmentally safe. It incorporates a broad range of activities, including product modification, changes to the production process, sustainable packaging, as well as modifying advertising.
Yet defining green marketing is not a simple task where several meanings intersect and contradict each other; an example of this will be the existence of varying social, environmental and retail definitions attached to this term. Other similar terms used are environmental marketing and ecological marketing.
IMPORTANCE OF GREEN MARKETING IN INDIA
- It reduces the use of plastic and plastic-based products.
- It increases the consumption of natural products and reduces chemical products.
- it creates a demand for herbal medicines, natural therapy, and Yoga.
- it aware the reuse of the consumer and industrial products.
- it makes nature healthy.
ADVANTAGES OF GREEN MARKETING
- A company can enter new markets when it brings attention to positive environmental impact.
- Gain more profit from green marketing
- Green marketing brings a competitive advantage
- Raise awareness on important environmental or social issues
- it makes the company out the line, which help them to gain profit in a long time.
DISADVANTAGES OF GREEN MARKETING
- Change leads to costs
- it is hard and costly to get Green Certifications.
- Companies may intentionally or unintentionally make false claims regarding the environmental friendliness of their products, a process known as “greenwashing.
- Sometimes customers don’t accept natural products because it is costly as a comparison to normal products.
CHARACTERISTICS OF GREEN MARKETING
- Recyclable packaging of the product
- Sustainable manufacturing or design
- implementation of marketing strategies.
- Security of the ecological environment.
GREEN MARKETING EXAMPLE IN INDIA
- Tata Consultancy service is well established eco-friendly company. it has more than 80% green score. Now, it is creating technology for agricultural and community benefits.
- Indusland Bank is the first bank which is started paperless ATM in India. Which helps to reduce to the cutting of the trees.
- MRF has launched the ZSLK series and which is about creating eco- friendly tubeless tires.
- Johnson and Johnson is also using green products. Which is environment-friendly as well as body friendly too.
Click here For Q&A?