What is Democratic Leadership Style?
Democratic leadership style includes the participation of the employees in every productive decision of the company. Democratic leadership is very open leadership it engages the employees and asks their opinions, in order to get the best decisions for the company.
Democratic leadership style becoming trends nowadays, managers are using these methods because they know the value of the participation of the employees.
Advantages of Democratic Leadership Style
- Its problem-solving ability for complex issues. As every employee give their opinion on the problem.
- Strong connectivity between team members. it creates a connection between manager and subordinates.
- This leadership style connects people to their work. Every employee has participated in work that connects them.
- Democratic leaders place more of an emphasis on values and morality.
- It allows teams to develop more strength. More brain means more power of knowledge so the finding decision becomes easier.
Disadvantages of Democratic Leadership Style
- Processing decisions is time-consuming. For decision, management needs to take the opinion of the employee so it becomes time-consuming
- This leadership style is ineffective during crisis situations. In a crisis situation, everyone works for there benefit so the organization goals not to be achieved.
- Importance of the leadership style can take a preference.
- Democratic leaders must often deal with rejection. The new idea of the leader may be rejected by the others.
- It is very hard for a team to reach a consensus decision. Everyone has a unique Idea to find a good decision is to become difficult.